general talk about our colonies

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

Jsctheantkeeper

general talk about our colonies

Thu May 31, 2018 2:59 pm

Hello, lets just have a discussion on our colonies and if you have questions i might be able to help you out

AntDudeUSA

Re: general talk about our colonies

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Well I kinda got a Solenopsis colony by accident I caught a queen hoping it was something else found out it was a fire ant and was going to get rid of it looked saw it had eggs and felt bad so now I suppose I have a fire ant colony :shock: :?

Good news is however this year I caught my dream species which is Tetramorium Caespitum she has laid a few eggs and seems to be doing fine
Keeper of
x1 Camponotus Penslyvanicus
x1 Formica Subscerica
x1 Tetramorium Caespitum
x1 Solenopsis Invicta
x1 Pheidole sp

BlitzAnts

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:34 pm

I cought solenopsis ants too!

Three queens to be exact, of the species Solenopsis Xyloni

Also two Atta Mexicana queens (for those I would like advice)
Housing two Atta Mexicana queens! (The oldest one has quite a large amount of eggs now!)

Also 3 Solenopsis xyloni Queens! (if you want to, check the journal!)

Rhetorik

Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:24 pm

My camponotus novaeboracensis colony is coming along well, I caught the queen July 2017. They're up too about 30 worker and a couple majors, one of which has a white patch on her thorax. They started in a test tube which I connected to an out world, I've since switched them to a new tube with the help of a hearing pad. I placed them in a glass terrarium to help with escapes, problem im running into now is there crawling up the glass and falling once they touch the Vaseline over and over till they die : /. Only the smaller workers have been escaping, I'm hoping to have it sorted out soon.

Amazing ants too keep, they don't mind me at all and light doesn't seem to bother them. They're growing more bold as there numbers increase. With the death of 2 other camponotus novaeboracensis queens during hibernation I got the chance to brood boost aswell. Definitely worth the wait.
Yaaas my queen
-Me