Ant Starter Kit Questions

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

Drago118

Ant Starter Kit Questions

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:07 pm

Hi, hopefully you know the answers to these questions.

Question 1: What do I use to plug holes the are not being taken up by a test tube or anything of the sort? Cotton Ball, a plug that I buy online, or what?

Question 2: when putting together the tubes to the outworld, what glue is safe to use for the connectors? I have a glue called Rapid Fuse, is that even safe.

Question 3: Is there a setup tutorial for the formicarium or do I just figure it out? There is no set of directions that says what goes with what.

Question 4: With the substrate. Do I mix it with 2 parts water one part substrate, 2 parts substrate one part water, how does it work? Please help me. I am trying to set this thing up. :?: :?: :?:

Drago118

Re: Ant Starter Kit Questions

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi, me again, sorry, I was being very blind. Not sure what questions it answers yet but I just now found the guide. Sorry. If there are any questions in there however that it does not answer please answer them if you can. Especially the one about if the glue is safe.

idahoantgirl

Re: Ant Starter Kit Questions

Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't use anything other than elmers glue, hot glue, or aquarium safe silicone.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Lasius Neoniger