How do I get swarming ants out of my house?

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

duskorange

How do I get swarming ants out of my house?

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:46 am

I love the little ladies but they have been occupying my desk and the north east corner of my house for the last 9 or so months (and I do mean swarming, some days every surface is just crawling with ants).
I can't find what they are after in here and nothing I've done has gotten them to leave for more than a day or two...
Today I had to sweep an actual layer of them off my bed and shake out all my bedding. It's starting to drive me a little bonkers, but I don't want to have to set off a bug bomb or anything.

I'm not really particularly knowledgeable about ants, but I do admire them and would like to get them out of my space so I don't keep accidentally squishing them and stop getting bitten all the time. So any advice would be appreciated.

Martialis

Re: How do I get swarming ants out of my house?

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:58 am

What do they look like? Species has lots to do with how you take care of them.
Keeper of

Selliing:

duskorange

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:24 am

They just seem like house ants, small, black, give off a smell when they are annoyed, have kinda itchy bites/stings that don't do much. Though instead of behaving like other house ants and trailing along walls or hanging out near a sink or snagging crumbs from the kitchen they are taking over two bedrooms.
They vanish at night, so I don't have any on hand to actually describe rn...

Nathant

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:39 am

We're going to need more than that to tell what species or at least genus it is. Pictures and measurements would be nice.