Camponotus castaneus

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

Stevedog16

Re: Camponotus castaneus

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Hey guys my campontus Castaneus queen has finally has her first newly born workers (nanitics) I have notice after about 2 or 3 days there color starts to darken witch means there exoskeleton is still hardening I gave them a drop of honey after 2 days they seem to love there sweets no look with protein good yet tryed giving them a cricket leg they seem to reject it almost backing of in fear like. I will give them a couple of more days before I give them any protein foods again I will try fruitfries and see what happens witch I'm guessing there body parts or still not fully developed yet to start gathering prey. Good luck on your colonies guys

FarrAnts

Re: Camponotus castaneus

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:25 pm

xTNxANTMANx wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:34 pm
Right now, my Camponotus subbarbatus colony is my favorite. They are almost beat tho by my Crematogaster colony...im about 80% sure they are Crematogaster cerasi. Love those little girls. What about you...what your favorite?
I'll say formica ravida. They're parasitic, and very large for formica ants. They spray formic acid and are very aggresive, with large colonies. I managed to snag 2 so far. :D they may have them where you live.
Ball is life... Ants included.