Omni nest vs. Hybrid nest

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

Serafine

Re: Omni nest vs. Hybrid nest

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:36 pm

4 workers, only 1 of them was foraging at that time (I think 2 are foragers by now). But Camponotus barbaricus have a reputation as restless wanderers scouting their territory for hours. So it really depends on the species.

Usually I place their food closer to the nest but that drop was left there accidentally and I was surprised they found it.

Cale3459

Re: Omni nest vs. Hybrid nest

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:14 am

Serafine wrote:4 workers, only 1 of them was foraging at that time (I think 2 are foragers by now). But Camponotus barbaricus have a reputation as restless wanderers scouting their territory for hours. So it really depends on the species.

Usually I place their food closer to the nest but that drop was left there accidentally and I was surprised they found it.
I ended up connecting a tube to my test tube portal leading to the outworld that is on another shelf. A worker immediately went into it so maybe they do want to forage. I put a couple crickets and some sugar water in the outworld to reward them if they go that far and then I can still put a little food in the test tube portal until I'm certain they are foraging in the outworld.