QUEEN ID

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

Post Reply
Siddharth
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:43 am
Location: Mumbai

QUEEN ID

Post: # 14589Post Siddharth
Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:18 am

I caught this queen on Monday at around 7:30-8PM in my parking lot, and she already has her first set of eggs! Can anyone help me ID her species?
More info:
Length: approx 1-1.2cm
Color: dark honey color with dark brown bands on her abdomen.
Other features: Large, rounded abdomen, dark brown to black mandibles which are easily viewable to the naked eye.
Location: Mumbai-India
PIC: Image

User avatar
Batspiderfish
Posts: 2254
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm
Location: Maine

Re: QUEEN ID

Post: # 14598Post Batspiderfish
Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:34 am

Siddharth wrote:I caught this queen on Monday at around 7:30-8PM in my parking lot, and she already has her first set of eggs! Can anyone help me ID her species?
More info:
Length: approx 1-1.2cm
Color: dark honey color with dark brown bands on her abdomen.
Other features: Large, rounded abdomen, dark brown to black mandibles which are easily viewable to the naked eye.
Location: Mumbai-India
PIC: Image
Fully claustral myrmicine queen of some sort.
Links:
Rules & Requirements for Identification:
http://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=292

How to take pictures for identification:
http://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2167

Siddharth
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:43 am
Location: Mumbai

Re: QUEEN ID

Post: # 14599Post Siddharth
Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:14 am

Batspiderfish wrote:
Siddharth wrote:I caught this queen on Monday at around 7:30-8PM in my parking lot, and she already has her first set of eggs! Can anyone help me ID her species?
More info:
Length: approx 1-1.2cm
Color: dark honey color with dark brown bands on her abdomen.
Other features: Large, rounded abdomen, dark brown to black mandibles which are easily viewable to the naked eye.
Location: Mumbai-India
PIC: Image
Fully claustral myrmicine queen of some sort.
Thanks!

muhilanirudh
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:58 am
Location: bengaluru

Re: QUEEN ID

Post: # 29102Post muhilanirudh
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:16 am

Siddharth wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:18 am
I caught this queen on Monday at around 7:30-8PM in my parking lot, and she already has her first set of eggs! Can anyone help me ID her species?
More info:
Length: approx 1-1.2cm
Color: dark honey color with dark brown bands on her abdomen.
Other features: Large, rounded abdomen, dark brown to black mandibles which are easily viewable to the naked eye.
Location: Mumbai-India
PIC: Image
You have got a YouTube channel right even I live in India
KEPPER OF :-

POLYRACHIAS DIVES
ASIAN WEAVER ANT
CREMATOGASTER SP
SOLENOPSIS GEMINATE
PHIDOLE SP
CAMPONUTUS IRRITANS
CAMPONUTUS​ COMPRESSUS

FOUNDING :-
HUNCHBACK ANTS

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest