Help with tube size

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

Natebillsyou

Help with tube size

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:27 am

I'm wanting to get a camponotus herculeanus queen (from GAN) and I have a camponotus hybrid nest and was wondering in the tubing that fits it is to small for the queen? I will have to drive 5 total hrs to get the queen and want to be sure that my setup will work b4 I do. I have that formicarium and the tubing that fits it.. if you look at my other post there is a pic of my setup I'm on mobile right now so I cant post picture on this post
Thanks
Edit this is the like to my setup picture

https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?p=52595#p52595
Searching for
C. Pennsylvanicus
C. americanus
USA missouri region

AntsDakota

Re: Help with tube size

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:34 pm

Natebillsyou wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:27 am
I'm wanting to get a camponotus herculeanus queen (from GAN) and I have a camponotus hybrid nest and was wondering in the tubing that fits it is to small for the queen? I will have to drive 5 total hrs to get the queen and want to be sure that my setup will work b4 I do. I have that formicarium and the tubing that fits it.. if you look at my other post there is a pic of my setup I'm on mobile right now so I cant post picture on this post
Thanks
Edit this is the like to my setup picture

https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?p=52595#p52595
It is best not to introduce a single queen or small colony into a nest, as they may be overwhelmed by all the unnecessary space. Keep them in a test tube setup until they have at least twenty workers.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

Natebillsyou

Re: Help with tube size

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:45 pm

Yes I plan to do that just wanted to make sure the tubes to and from the nest were the right size for when they are ready to move
Searching for
C. Pennsylvanicus
C. americanus
USA missouri region