Camponatos Pennsylvanicus care

General discussions about ants

Moderator: ooper01

nikko111

Re: Camponatos Pennsylvanicus care

Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:24 am

Hello! Congradulations on your new queen :D I recently caught three camponotus penncylvanicus queens, one of which i had moved into a plaster of paris nest. I kept one half of the nest wet and the other half dry and the first queen stuck to the dry half for the most part. I give my ants a variety of foods like crickets, mealworms and termites. Mine favor the crickets. Im not sure if their diet relates to their area caught tho im kinda new to ant keeping. Sugar water and drops of honey will help with their energy. Good luck!

nikko111

Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:12 am

No problem :D. I left mine in a test tube till she had 4 workers. Usually most people wait a little longer but I was excited to move them in!! 8-)

AntsRule

Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:26 am

Durant wrote:Thx so much!!!! I left my queen in a test tube... Wonder if that's ok... 8-)
nikko111 wrote:No problem :D. I left mine in a test tube till she had 4 workers. Usually most people wait a little longer but I was excited to move them in!! 8-)
Yeah you want too wait for more workers. It is possible for the colony to suffer if moved in too early. Wait until the test tube looks crowded or at least 20 workers, the more the better. Oh and make sure you give them dead crickets when they are small. Even squashed crickets can move scare a small colony pretty bad. Just make sure they are ripped in half and thoroughly dead.Congrats!!! :D
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Pheidole sp.

AntsRule

Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Of course, any time! :D
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Pheidole sp.