Hello from Montana!

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

JediPeaceFrog

Hello from Montana!

Tue May 03, 2016 8:33 pm

Greetings! Im new here, and somewhat new to myrmecology. I was into the hobby as a child, had several uncle miltons lol. But i got out of it, but never lost my interest in ants . I hope to make many new friends here! Ill have many, many questions for all of you, so please be patient with me. If anybody else in Montana, Missoula-area, please get in touch. Maybe we can pool our resources and hunt some queens together. Also very interested in someday being in the GAN program. Talk to you all soon!

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Re: Hello from Montana!

Tue May 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Welcome to the AntsCanada Ants Forum! Enjoy your stay!
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

idahoantgirl

Tue May 03, 2016 8:43 pm

JediPeaceFrog wrote:Greetings! Im new here, and somewhat new to myrmecology. I was into the hobby as a child, had several uncle miltons lol. But i got out of it, but never lost my interest in ants . I hope to make many new friends here! Ill have many, many questions for all of you, so please be patient with me. If anybody else in Montana, Missoula-area, please get in touch. Maybe we can pool our resources and hunt some queens together. Also very interested in someday being in the GAN program. Talk to you all soon!
HI! welcome to the forum! Do you have a queen yet? I have a lasius neoniger queen and possibly a camponatous queen. (I'm not sure if it's a queen or not because my friend found it and I haven't seen it yet)
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

JediPeaceFrog

Tue May 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Hello idahoantgirl. No, I haven't found one yet. Tetramorium is just starting to fly. I'm hoping for some luck, or somebody near me who can help me out.