Hi guys

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

AntsInSpace

Hi guys

Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:45 am

Hi guys, I think this is where introductions are made..

Firstly wow there's 0 other members online.. Am I allowed to ask what are some highly active ant care/knowledge related forums ?
Besides for that, I've had one of those gel tanks before, didn't work since I didn't have any information on ants tbh.

At the moment I'm working on an indie video game project so I've done a bit of research and the reason for me being here is to do more research as I go on with the game. I've found a new respect for ant species, the colonies, and when I see an ant in my path I'm not thinking well I might just step on him or I'll spare this fella. I'm thinking, is this a scout ant searching for food, or has she already found a food source and laying pheromones so that other scouts and eventually workers may follow. Yes I'm not certain about the difference between scouts and worker ants, from what I know right now they're the same caste but with different roles, different roles until they die or do they switch roles depending on the needs of the colony. I wonder.

In any case, Probably no other game devs on here, if you're a sprite artist it would be cool if you'd make some sprite for my video game on ants. It's partly a I'd like to show my friends the game as they're mobile gamers- ha. And play it myself, have something to work with and improve. And then there's also the educational value. I'm learning quite a bit here about insects, even plants and habitats. I'm also working on my programming skills as I figure, what better way is there to teach my kids things than make a video game that they can play and they'll learn ***** without even knowing it!

Im 21 now, so no I don't have kids, nor will I in the next ten years. But I like thinking ahead. And if I'm going to teach anything I want to do it properly.

If I get a response on my other (first) post regarding pupae then I'll probably post more, else I'll search for an active forum.
Thanks for reading, feel open to responding what ever. I might even start an ant farm in the future, I've this huge space that I'm not using and yeah.. zoning out on an ant farm might be ten times better than watching a film to relax everyday.

antnest8

Re: Hi guys

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:29 pm

formiculture is active but i still like this one ;)
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum

antnest8

Re: Hi guys

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:32 pm

also i think a scout ant and a worker is the same it's just they have different jobs
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum