New from Cincinnati Ohio

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

AntsCincy

New from Cincinnati Ohio

Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:34 am

Super excited to join up. New enthusiast here in Cincinnati. My son (5 years old) and I started with a gel colony a few months back. Since day one his interest and scientific mind went into motion. He and I have since built our first outworld setup and have been searching for queens locally. In fact our first catch has been in her testube setup for a week and we are going to check her out for the first time on father's day tomorrow. Anyway, that's our story look forward to joining the community. Hello all!
Ant love for ever from Cincy!

idahoantgirl

Re: New from Cincinnati Ohio

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:43 am

AntsCincy wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:34 am
Super excited to join up. New enthusiast here in Cincinnati. My son (5 years old) and I started with a gel colony a few months back. Since day one his interest and scientific mind went into motion. He and I have since built our first outworld setup and have been searching for queens locally. In fact our first catch has been in her testube setup for a week and we are going to check her out for the first time on father's day tomorrow. Anyway, that's our story look forward to joining the community. Hello all!
Ant love for ever from Cincy!
Yay! Welcome to the forum!
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

Cormac

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Awesome! good to hear theres another ant keeper in Ohio. Even if you live on the opposite side of the state lol. But if you ever make it up to the Cleveland area I have a couple of camponotus queens I could trade.

AntsCincy

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Ty so much! I sometimes do get up there. As soon as I figure all this out i will post some pics. Love to get an idea of what I have, it seems like I have eggs w 3 of 4 that I have, not sure if fertilized yet, ome of the 3 still has wings but good sign so far. Still out hunting.

AntsCincy

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:21 pm

https://goo.gl/photos/A5DzitA6shWknNrc7

Not sure if anyone will see this but finally figured out how to post pics through Google photos. The first three pics are the same queen (when I found her and a couple more recent w workers). Originally i thought tetramorium but i am not so sure. The next three photos are two camponatus queens I rescued from a firepit. The one w workers I am told is pennsylvanicus. The other I have not had confirmation of. Pic #7 is a crematogaster with workers. And the last two pics are of three queens I found last week and have no idea what they are.

I am sorry for image quality issues as I am using a camera phone lol. If anyone does stumble back onto this post and has any info or identification for any of my queens I would appreciate the help. Thanks all!

Ant love 4ever!

RedHawk37

Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Welcome! I am also from the Cincinnati area so cool to have someone else so close!

Also sent you a link to an Ohio Discord chat! :D