New from Cincinnati Ohio

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

AntsCincy

New from Cincinnati Ohio

Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:34 am

Super excited to join up. New enthusiast here in Cincinnati. My son (5 years old) and I started with a gel colony a few months back. Since day one his interest and scientific mind went into motion. He and I have since built our first outworld setup and have been searching for queens locally. In fact our first catch has been in her testube setup for a week and we are going to check her out for the first time on father's day tomorrow. Anyway, that's our story look forward to joining the community. Hello all!
Ant love for ever from Cincy!

idahoantgirl

Re: New from Cincinnati Ohio

Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:43 am

AntsCincy wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:34 am
Super excited to join up. New enthusiast here in Cincinnati. My son (5 years old) and I started with a gel colony a few months back. Since day one his interest and scientific mind went into motion. He and I have since built our first outworld setup and have been searching for queens locally. In fact our first catch has been in her testube setup for a week and we are going to check her out for the first time on father's day tomorrow. Anyway, that's our story look forward to joining the community. Hello all!
Ant love for ever from Cincy!
Yay! Welcome to the forum!
Proverbs 6:6-11

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Cormac

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Awesome! good to hear theres another ant keeper in Ohio. Even if you live on the opposite side of the state lol. But if you ever make it up to the Cleveland area I have a couple of camponotus queens I could trade.

AntsCincy

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Ty so much! I sometimes do get up there. As soon as I figure all this out i will post some pics. Love to get an idea of what I have, it seems like I have eggs w 3 of 4 that I have, not sure if fertilized yet, ome of the 3 still has wings but good sign so far. Still out hunting.