Winged queens,not acting like queens HELP

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

LjAnts

Winged queens,not acting like queens HELP

Sat May 04, 2024 5:41 pm

Okay,So I went walking on a hunt for queen ants and I stumbled upon an active colony I did research and this colony is Camponotus Floridanus carpenter ants,I captured 1 winged male,3 queens, and 4 workers ants and put them in a terrarium and It's very nice I added a rotted/damaged wood,has dirt,added moss,sticks,and few apple seeds for grass, and the queen ants fell in love quickly with damaged wood and made a entrance under this wood and all the ants go under here, the problem is i'm not seeing any activity of laying eggs and the queen ants still have their wings does that mean shes infertile? I captured 3 WINGED QUEENS and I caught them in april in US, NC.repeat,their not laying any eggs and thei poking head out and sitting outside the wood of nesting site and I know queen ants stay underground their whole life and these 3 queen ants are doing the opposite
Please reply im confused

RubyAntKeeper77

Re: Winged queens,not acting like queens HELP

Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 am

Did you get them from the nest? If you did they are infertile, the reason they would be sticking their heads out is to look for rain.
Why don’t more people like ants?
Is anyone from Wyoming who wants to sell ants?

You can email me about ants at Tucker.reynolds13@gmail.com