New keeper from Midland, TX!

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

CaptainRedBeardd

New keeper from Midland, TX!

Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:10 am

Hey all,

So, how about odd story time? I've always had a fear of ants, to be honest. They still are the only thing in the world I am afraid of. I can go out and catch wild scorpions, snakes, and tarantulas with no problem.. But when I see an ant hill, I get a sick feeling in my stomach and start shaking almost instantly. I'm not sure why, maybe I had some weird experience as a kid. However, I do understand how intelligent they are and maybe that's what really sets me over the edge. Their hive mentality is just too unreal. So, I've always thought, in a bit of irony, it would be cool to keep an ant hill as like a center piece in my house. See it as over-coming a fear or something.. Plus, they do look amazing. I've also thought about getting those aluminum casts of ant hills for a neat decoration.

Anyways, I have owned every kind of pet from cows down to spiders. I am really interested in learning more about ants as I start a colony of my very own.

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: New keeper from Midland, TX!

Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:53 am

Welcome to the forum! You'll find all the help and encouragement you need from the members here. We are all cheering for you to overcome your fears!! :)
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

CaptainRedBeardd

Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:02 am

ooper01 wrote:Welcome to the forum! You'll find all the help and encouragement you need from the members here. We are all cheering for you to overcome your fears!! :)

Thank you! Which forum is the best forum to kind of show the growth of my colony? I want to make sure I don't accidentally post in the wrong forum.

ooper01
Head Moderator

Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:14 pm

You should create a journal for your colony and track progress, including pictures. You can do that in the Ant Journals, Videos, and Blogs section.

http://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewforum.php?f=26
~ ooper

Forum Moderator