Hello!

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

Sonnette

Hello!

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:23 pm

I have been into ants for a while, but never thought about keeping them as "pets," or, for lack of a better term, keeping a personal colony. I found AntsCanada and am excited to say that I plan on getting some Brachymyrmex sp. soon to start a colony.

A bit about me:
I'm 13
I love ants
Queens seem to allude me
I'm a fish geek
I'm an ant geek
I love ants but other bugs gross me out (I was out looking for queens today [despite it being super late], and found a maggot. Won't be going out until the nuptial flight, mind you)
And um
that's it
Cool, I can't wait to get started!

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Re: Hello!

Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Welcome to the AntsCanada Ants Forums (ACAF)!!! :D You have come to the right place! There are tons of people here that range from newbies to people that have been dealing with and having ants as pet for many years. Don't feel afraid to ask any questions, I was once told by my Dad "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!"

Also feel free to read thru some of the Ant Keeping for Beginners area
http://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewforum.php?f=12

And check out the Ant Journals, Videos, and Blogs section, there are a lot of people sharing their colonies with the others on the forums.
viewforum.php?f=26

Again Welcome to ACAF!
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

AntMomo

Re: Hello!

Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:34 pm

hey, welcome! Hope you have a nice time in the forums, and hopefully youll be able to find some queens eventually!