Howdy from Toronto, Canada

Meet and Greet for New Members

Moderator: ooper01

Orobas

Howdy from Toronto, Canada

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:07 pm

Hello! I'm Orobas. I first learned about ant keeping around november of last year, accidentally coming across an AntsCanada video. As someone who has studied arthropods for most of his childhood and adult life, I was immediately drawn to the hobby. I never thought that I'd end up keeping ants myself, but I did subscribe and continue to be entertained by the channel.

Jump to June of this year when I discovered a queen of Camponotus Novaeboracensis had wandered into my washroom. I captured her, thought about what to do with her, and decided that maybe I could give the hobby a try after all. Needless to say, things have been going well. My Camponotus queen is currently sitting at 14 workers, and a Tetramorium sp. e queen I caught in july is currently at 10. And that's where I am now! I look forward to meeting you guys and sharing my progress as a newbie in the hobby.

AqdasHassaan

Re: Howdy from Toronto, Canada

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:17 am

Orobas wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:07 pm
Hello! I'm Orobas. I first learned about ant keeping around november of last year, accidentally coming across an AntsCanada video. As someone who has studied arthropods for most of his childhood and adult life, I was immediately drawn to the hobby. I never thought that I'd end up keeping ants myself, but I did subscribe and continue to be entertained by the channel.

Jump to June of this year when I discovered a queen of Camponotus Novaeboracensis had wandered into my washroom. I captured her, thought about what to do with her, and decided that maybe I could give the hobby a try after all. Needless to say, things have been going well. My Camponotus queen is currently sitting at 14 workers, and a Tetramorium sp. e queen I caught in july is currently at 10. And that's where I am now! I look forward to meeting you guys and sharing my progress as a newbie in the hobby.
Welcome abroad sir. Love to see new people getting into this hobby. :)

Teatotalled

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:04 pm

Hello! I'm new too, just realized my account got accepted XD
Nice to see people in my general area though. I'm hanging out in Kitchener/London
Hoping to get my hands on Camponotus too but I haven't gone out looking just yet

spawn1977

Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:01 am

Hey guys, I'm from Stratford are in Ontario, Canada

AntsOntario

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Hello! I'm from Brampton, which is only about 30mins away. I also have a camponotus novaeboracensis colony and a tetramorium. What other queens are around your area?

averagebilly

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:31 pm

I also just started this year. I have some camponotus and tetramorium colonies who only have their nanitics. I also have some lasius queen who almost have nanitics.
"Ant Love Forever" - Mikey Bustos