Recently found a camponotus consobrinius (banded sugar ant) queen. Need help taking care of her.

Ask us forum-related questions, technical help, or give us some suggestions.
Leiviguy

Recently found a camponotus consobrinius (banded sugar ant) queen. Need help taking care of her.

Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:24 am

As the subject says, I have myself a banded sugar ant queen. She has a couple workers (both of which I got from the tiny nest she had started). I have them in a small plastic container with a bread crumb and a damp cottonball blocking the exit. The container has small air holes also. I just checked on them and theres a small white object the workers are handling around. I presume its a baby worker. Anyways, Im looking for help on how to care for these guys and not have my queen die on me. Any help would be great

RainbowUnicornJesus

Re: Recently found a camponotus consobrinius (banded sugar ant) queen. Need help taking care of her.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:05 pm

I would suggest leaving the queen in a dark place until there's around 15-20 workers. Ants prefer sweet stuff and protein like honey water, sugar water, fruit, pieces of meat or crushed insects.

Return to “ACAF Questions, Support, and Suggestions for the forums”