suggestion for AntsCanada,Informative and Entertainment.

Make your suggestions here.

Do you reckon that AntsCanada's videos have too much entertainment and not enough information?

Yes: they aren't helpful videos, they are purely for entertainment.
11%
Undecided: maybe there should be a blend of both or an informative one week and entertainment the other.
44%
No: they are fine, I enjoy the videos and they don't need to change.
44%

Total votes: 9

JackPayne

suggestion for AntsCanada,Informative and Entertainment.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:48 am

Hi everybody, so I've been an antkeeper for only a couple of months now, and I've noticed that there is a percentage of people who have given up watching AntsCanada's videos. They find them only entertainment and wish for more informative videos.

I enjoy his content but I do agree I found his tutorial series and other similiar episodes very useful and worthwhile.
So while trying to be civilised I reckon we should have a vote. If you agree that we either have an informative video one week and a regular video the other, or Mikey try's to mix a bit of both into the one video. Or if you think his videos are fine as they are vote no.

Thanks everyone! :D
Lets hope AntsCanada sees this poll.
Hi I'm Jack, How are you?

Martialis

Re: suggestion for AntsCanada,Informative and Entertainment.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:34 am

I think more than three options with more detail would be a slightly more attractive poll.
Keeper of

Selliing:

idahoantgirl

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:21 am

See, the thing is that AntsCanada started several years ago. At first, he made one video a month, and they were mostly all instructional. Sometimes he even made several videos on the same instructional topic. He basically covered everything there is to know. Then he decided to do videos once a week. With all the information all ready used up on other videos, he kind of has to throw something together every week. While I agree that i enjoyed instructionals better, Im not sure what can be done. The only thing I can think of that he did not cover was how to release a colony, which I am very interested in.
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

xTNxANTMANx

Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:04 am

I have also only recently got into the ant keeping hobby but a little longer, like 6-7 months now and I totally agree with the last comment. I have browsed and watched so many of Mikeys videos that honestly, sometimes I wonder how he comes up with new content each week. I'm very happy that he does cuz I absolutely love and watch every one of them every week but as far as informative videos, I think he has coverd most of it all in past videos. He has even made videos of making test tube setups a few times just to keep new people informed I would guess. I think most would agree that have scrolled through and watched most if not all of his videos that it may be difficult at times for him to think of new content as it is. Information is always helpful but there is only so much he can give. Some has to be acquired on a personal level i would think and experience actually keeping ants.
Keeping:
Camponotus subbarbatus
Formica pallidefulva x2
Formica subsericea x4
Lasius sp
Tetramorium immigrans x2
Dorymyrmex bureni

Founding:
Formica pallidefulva
Unknown sp x2

JackPayne

Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Martialis wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:34 am
I think more than three options with more detail would be a slightly more attractive poll.
What other options did you have in mind?

Martialis

Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:02 pm

I meant more moderate selections on the spectrum.
Keeper of

Selliing:

JackPayne

Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Martialis wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:02 pm
I meant more moderate selections on the spectrum.
Ok, right

AntsDakota

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:46 pm

I love AntsCanada no matter how much info is in the videos.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

antnest8

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:17 pm

I have so much to say about this.
I think that the AntsCanada series is great and i love their tutorial series. i do think that the videos have lots of entertainment now but think because of the entertainment part lots of new ant keepers are coming in. AntsCanada would have not gotten to were it has been without the Youtube series being like it is now. I really do think his tutorials can be updated now and then and he's been doing this. also I really liked what he did with this last video and added lots of information to it.
xTNxANTMANx wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:04 am
I have also only recently got into the ant keeping hobby but a little longer, like 6-7 months now and I totally agree with the last comment. I have browsed and watched so many of Mikeys videos that honestly, sometimes I wonder how he comes up with new content each week.
I think that mikey has seen this and that is why he adding lots of new colony's like the carpenter ants and the weaver ants.\

also i have just noticed that this is a old posting oops but thanks AntsDakota for bringing this up
:lol: :D
Some of My Informative Sheets
https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19099
Includes :
  • Ant Care Sheets
    Queen Hunting
    How To Identify Ants
Goal is to become #2 poster on the forum