Make Announcement and Sticky threads for mods only?

Ask us forum-related questions, technical help, or give us some suggestions.

Moderator: larynx

Martialis

Make Announcement and Sticky threads for mods only?

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:42 am

I'll keep this short. I've noticed that people use announcements and stickies not for their purpose, especially on this forum. I believe that if they were made mod only, this forum would be much more coherent.
Keeper of

Aphaenogaster cf. rudis

Tetramorium caespitum

Crematogaster sp.

Tapinoma sessile

larynx

Re: Make Announcement and Sticky threads for mods only?

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:22 pm

Martialis wrote:I'll keep this short. I've noticed that people use announcements and stickies not for their purpose, especially on this forum. I believe that if they were made mod only, this forum would be much more coherent.
I moved all the ones i could find. it may be a good idea to make it request-able to sticky or announce. either way now that it has been brought to my attention, i will try and keep the ones i see in check.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Martialis

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:56 pm

larynx wrote:
Martialis wrote:I'll keep this short. I've noticed that people use announcements and stickies not for their purpose, especially on this forum. I believe that if they were made mod only, this forum would be much more coherent.
I moved all the ones i could find. it may be a good idea to make it request-able to sticky or announce. either way now that it has been brought to my attention, i will try and keep the ones i see in check.

Thank you. I think that the "request to sticky" idea is great. :)
Keeper of

Aphaenogaster cf. rudis

Tetramorium caespitum

Crematogaster sp.

Tapinoma sessile

Martialis

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:13 am

larynx wrote:
I found another one that may have been pinned by a member: http://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1857.
Keeper of

Aphaenogaster cf. rudis

Tetramorium caespitum

Crematogaster sp.

Tapinoma sessile

Return to “ACAF Questions, Support, and Suggestions for the forums”