Nuptial flight

Make your suggestions here.
Stavola22

Nuptial flight

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:11 pm

So I know in the U.S Camponotus species have had their nuptial flight in the bulk of May but is it still possible to find queens? I have always wanted a camponotus queen but have only found one two years ago. Any advice as to where to go that’d be great! I’m only use to Tetramorium and Pogo’s at the moment I want to catch new species

AntsDakota

Re: Nuptial flight

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:34 pm

Stavola22 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:11 pm
So I know in the U.S Camponotus species have had their nuptial flight in the bulk of May but is it still possible to find queens? I have always wanted a camponotus queen but have only found one two years ago. Any advice as to where to go that’d be great! I’m only use to Tetramorium and Pogo’s at the moment I want to catch new species
Here they fly mostly in June.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

Stavola22

Re: Nuptial flight

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:25 pm

Thank you so much! I have been doing research and heard they have a second nuptial flight in August? I live in Idaho and don’t really know where to look except a walk way by our river. Thank you though!