Live chat suggestion

Make your suggestions here.
Dreslin

Re: Live chat suggestion

Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:43 pm

I would not only vote yes, but I could see myself being very active on a live chat outlet. Being able to answer and ask questions in real time would certainly offer a lot of helpful information!

SkellyUK

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:39 pm

As in a shout box, or an actual Forum board?

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:56 pm

The problem with live chat is that there can't always be someone there to moderate it, and it has to be moderated. This is not only a Forum for everyone to get together and talk about ants and ant related stuff but it also represents AntsCanada, we can't have a chat that someone starts talking about something that is illegal and could cause major issues for the Company. Also there are kids that would be in the chat also and at times conversations can get past the PG13 rating in life and could cause major issue with the parents of the kids.

So as of now there is no plans for a live chat. I'm sorry but I and the others at AntsCanada have to make sure this place if a safe haven for all ages.

Thanks
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Dreslin

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:21 pm

MadVampy wrote:The problem with live chat is that there can't always be someone there to moderate it, and it has to be moderated. This is not only a Forum for everyone to get together and talk about ants and ant related stuff but it also represents AntsCanada, we can't have a chat that someone starts talking about something that is illegal and could cause major issues for the Company. Also there are kids that would be in the chat also and at times conversations can get past the PG13 rating in life and could cause major issue with the parents of the kids.

So as of now there is no plans for a live chat. I'm sorry but I and the others at AntsCanada have to make sure this place if a safe haven for all ages.

Thanks
I'm happy to know the AntsCanada staff focus on the welfare of its community. This notion speaks loudly on the organization's moral compass and love towards their customers/members. When I posted my response to the suggestion for a live chat I never considered the possibly negative environment it may put the younger members of this wonderful community. I'm glad that the ones in charge saw the bigger picture.

Live chat or not, I'm simply happy to have access to a community of fellow ant lovers where I can discuss topics and learn more about my hobby. :D

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Mike really knows his stuff! Yes, a scheduled live chat might work or if we could rally some willing moderators to be on at a particular time on rotation we could have a chat available 24-7. Yes, maintaining the quality and family-friendly thing would be best. :geek: :D
Ant Love Forever.

larynx

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:21 pm

AntsCanada wrote:Mike really knows his stuff! Yes, a scheduled live chat might work or if we could rally some willing moderators to be on at a particular time on rotation we could have a chat available 24-7. Yes, maintaining the quality and family-friendly thing would be best. :geek: :D
im willing to be on, and moderate during the afternoons (eastern time USA). :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:00 pm

Depending on the the coverage I will take this into consideration.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Serafine

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:29 pm

We recently made a new Discord ant chat that currently has about 30 members from various antkeeping forums, everyone is welcome to join!

https://discord.gg/AQhp6r5

You can access the chat with your browser although I recommend downloading the Discord app (it is relatively similar to Skype and TeamSpeak, except that is has way better chat functionality).

shaky33

Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:53 pm

larynx wrote:
AntsCanada wrote:Mike really knows his stuff! Yes, a scheduled live chat might work or if we could rally some willing moderators to be on at a particular time on rotation we could have a chat available 24-7. Yes, maintaining the quality and family-friendly thing would be best. :geek: :D
im willing to be on, and moderate during the afternoons (eastern time USA). :mrgreen:
I may not be a moderator but I would be willing to aswell. With Melbourne times but still.
- Rhytidoponera metallica
- Camponotus consobrinus x2
- **** sp.
- Nylanderia sp.
- Melaphorus sp.
- Camponotus cairns
- Crematogaster sp.
- Colobopsis sp.
- Myrmecia nigrocinta
- Iridomyrmex purpureus
- Camponotus eastwoodi

AntsDakota

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:49 pm

It would shorten the response time.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25