Looking for New and Enthusiastic Moderators!!!

Make your suggestions here.
antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Looking for New and Enthusiastic Moderators!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:43 am

Hello everyone!

Attention all ant-loving netizens!

Like a booming ant colony, our AC Ant Forum is growing exponentially and we need some enthusiastic, experienced, and knoweldgeable ant keepers to join our forum webteam as moderators. Being an ant keeping expert is not a requirement, but we are particularly looking for reliable individuals with previous experience in moderating forums.

If you would be up for the task and interested in joining the AntsCanada family, please email me contact-us@AntsCanada.com. Serious inquiries only!

Thanks!

Mikey
Ant Love Forever.

AnthonyP163

Re: Looking for New and Enthusiastic Moderators!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:26 am

I barely know anything about being a forum
Moderator...

Solenopsisace

Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:34 pm

Any pay or antcanada store discounts :D ?

Solenopsisace

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Ive been keeping ants since i was 15.i am born and raise in florida.we have a wide variety of ants in Florida. Probably have more species in the United States. I pretty much know a lot about tropical ants i.e.how to keep there formicarium (humidity/temperature/food/substrate they do best in,etc... my favorite is the solenopsis of course. As you have seen on all my previous post I have answered a lot of questions for people. I do not mind being a monitor and helping people into the ant loving Hobby for this forum. Message me back if the slot is still available.thank you

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:48 pm

I would prefer previous Moderator experience but I wouldn't discount someone who didn't have any. It would require you to log into the forums at least once a day to check postings and delete postings that were considered spam or not related to the AntsCanada Ants Forums. Also you would move postings to the appropriate forum posting areas (IE if someone posted in the General area about wanting a ID on a ant or species you would move it to the Ant Identification forums). Also beings this is a G rated forum you would also be required to check postings to make sure they fit in the AntsCanada Forum Rules and if not delete/edit and send a warning to the user about the reason you did what you did to their postings and give a warning. You would report directly to me and Mikey and ooper01 as an alt if you didn't get a response from me.

I will also be looking for a Second in command that will assist me in approving/disapproving new members that apply to the AntsCanada Ants Forums. They will be showed how to thru a multi step process how to identify fake and bogus accounts trying to be setup here on the forums. They will also do banning and secondary warnings to users who have warranted this process.

So far we have a great bunch of users and there really is never any issues that I have to correct so it's a pretty easy job so far, daunting at times but not hard by any means.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Solenopsisace

Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:11 pm

MadVampy wrote:I would prefer previous Moderator experience but I wouldn't discount someone who didn't have any. It would require you to log into the forums at least once a day to check postings and delete postings that were considered spam or not related to the AntsCanada Ants Forums. Also you would move postings to the appropriate forum posting areas (IE if someone posted in the General area about wanting a ID on a ant or species you would move it to the Ant Identification forums). Also beings this is a G rated forum you would also be required to check postings to make sure they fit in the AntsCanada Forum Rules and if not delete/edit and send a warning to the user about the reason you did what you did to their postings and give a warning. You would report directly to me and Mikey and ooper01 as an alt if you didn't get a response from me.

I will also be looking for a Second in command that will assist me in approving/disapproving new members that apply to the AntsCanada Ants Forums. They will be showed how to thru a multi step process how to identify fake and bogus accounts trying to be setup here on the forums. They will also do banning and secondary warnings to users who have warranted this process.

So far we have a great bunch of users and there really is never any issues that I have to correct so it's a pretty easy job so far, daunting at times but not hard by any means.
to easy,i check the forum every day as it is.id love to lend a hand

larynx

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:30 am

AntsCanada wrote:Hello everyone!

Attention all ant-loving netizens!

Like a booming ant colony, our AC Ant Forum is growing exponentially and we need some enthusiastic, experienced, and knoweldgeable ant keepers to join our forum webteam as moderators. Being an ant keeping expert is not a requirement, but we are particularly looking for reliable individuals with previous experience in moderating forums.

If you would be up for the task and interested in joining the AntsCanada family, please email me contact-us@AntsCanada.com. Serious inquiries only!

Thanks!

Mikey
Email sent. Ant love.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Jharrell23867

Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:18 pm

I have experience... I was a mod for Flocabulary.com before they removed the forums for about two years. I have spoken to Mikey about it & he handed me over to the other mikey i think for screening. I think i sent him my FB address since FB chat is faster than message board/email tag... :P