Possible hibernation?

Make your suggestions here.
Stavola22

Possible hibernation?

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:16 pm

An update on my two colonies (Pogo) and (Tetras) the tetras are doing great and booming! The sizes are increasing dramatically although winter hit so their activity has slown down. As for the Pogos..I am very worried. I was feeding them fresh seeds a lot and hydrating them. I knew that the queen didn’t have a lot of workers from what I saw maybe 4 at most. Like I mentioned winter hit and so activity of North American ants decrease a lot. Both entrances of the Pogos colony was closed off and thought “hibernation” well, I looked at the colony one morning and noticed a worker foraging. I put fresh seeds down and even offered a mealworm. She ate some of the mealworm than continued to wander. I have not seen any activity from below the digging medium and the worker seems to never enter the nest, could this indicate a serious problem? I hope you all had a great New Year!

ZbsAntNation

Re: Possible hibernation?

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:05 pm

Personaly I don't know but if its colder I know they tend to slow down a good bit but make sure u keep a close eye on them just in case there is a problem