50%
Hybrid Nest
50%

Total votes: 20

SamuelMamuel

Re: Omni Nest or Hybrid Nest

Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:08 pm

KingKyle26 wrote:Omni nest is clear so it may appear to get dirtier
Which one do you prefer and why? I really want to hear the reason for why one might be better or more preferred than another
Colonies:
--Tetramorium Caespitum
--Camponotus pennsylvanicus
--Formica Sp.

Martialis

Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Omni nest may be preferred by some people because of visibility. Hybrid nest may be preferred by somebody looking for a nest tailored specifically to their ants.
Keeper of

Selliing:

SamuelMamuel

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:01 pm

How long will each nest type last in terms of colony size?
Colonies:
--Tetramorium Caespitum
--Formica Sp.

Martialis

Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:29 am

Depends on the size of the nest. Obviously a large Omni nest will last longer than a hybrid nest. But both of the starter packs (Omni nest and hybrid) come with a small sized nest. That said, they're huge compared to ants.
Keeper of

Selliing:

SamuelMamuel

Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:31 am

Martialis wrote:Depends on the size of the nest. Obviously a large Omni nest will last longer than a hybrid nest. But both of the starter packs (Omni nest and hybrid) come with a small sized nest. That said, they're huge compared to ants.
Of the two starter kits, which would last longer?
Colonies:
--Tetramorium Caespitum
--Formica Sp.

Martialis

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:15 pm

SamuelMamuel wrote:
Martialis wrote:Depends on the size of the nest. Obviously a large Omni nest will last longer than a hybrid nest. But both of the starter packs (Omni nest and hybrid) come with a small sized nest. That said, they're huge compared to ants.
Of the two starter kits, which would last longer?
Samuel, as I have used neither kit, I doubt I can give an accurate estimate for you. Sorry.
Keeper of

Selliing:

SamuelMamuel

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:26 pm

Does anyone out there like hybrid nests?
Colonies:
--Tetramorium Caespitum
--Formica Sp.

Messormad

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:34 am

I have hybrid nest and omni nest but think hybrid nest are good as I've seen population boom with it and the omni nest I keep messor in as it's good for them

Cale3459

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:23 pm

SamuelMamuel wrote:
I love my Hybrid Nests. I have 4 of them (currently using one until my population grows). I looked at both the hybrid and the omni before finally settling on the hybrids. I chose them because they simulate the chambers of the specific species you are keeping (not 100% necessary but I liked that), the fact that it has a cover so the ants are kept in darkness for their own comfort, you can clearly see when you need to add water to the nest, the ease of providing heat with a heating cable through the port designed for it (my ants love this). The drawback is that you have to buy (or make) a separate outworld. It's really personal preference on which one you like, but for me I preferred the one that simulated their natural environment more.

SamuelMamuel

Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:42 pm

Cale3459 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:23 pm
SamuelMamuel wrote:
I love my Hybrid Nests. I have 4 of them (currently using one until my population grows). I looked at both the hybrid and the omni before finally settling on the hybrids. I chose them because they simulate the chambers of the specific species you are keeping (not 100% necessary but I liked that), the fact that it has a cover so the ants are kept in darkness for their own comfort, you can clearly see when you need to add water to the nest, the ease of providing heat with a heating cable through the port designed for it (my ants love this). The drawback is that you have to buy (or make) a separate outworld. It's really personal preference on which one you like, but for me I preferred the one that simulated their natural environment more.
Thanks, that was super helpful
Colonies:
--Tetramorium Caespitum
--Formica Sp.