Two Questions...

Posts about AC Gear Packs and Starter Kits

Moderator: ooper01

ServampANT

Two Questions...

Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:51 am

First question is about the "All you need starter kit" that AntsCanada currently has for sale.
I'm getting the "All you need starter kit" for Christmas, then I noticed that they had ones for different species, does it really matter at all? Is there different things from the different products what could threaten other species?
If so, please let me know.
Thank you.

Question two, for anyone who lives in South Australia, Adelaide is there any science shops that sell test tubes?
Because I can't order them :3

Unless someone want's to be nice and order some to my house... xD
Any hoo, thank you for your time!
Have a lovely *** SPAM *** night/day!

Lukestewart

Re: Two Questions...

Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:04 am

Science places have them. Rowe scientific etc. But they are expensive. I just ordered 30 of 15mmX150mm test tunes from ebay much much cheaper. Haven't arrived yet though. But will be your best bet.

Lukestewart

Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:05 am

BTW I am in Blackwood

Lukestewart

Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:06 am

As for the specific starter kits I think it's just more about suiting large or small species.

ServampANT

Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:15 am

That makes sense.
Stay safe!
Anyway, I went into the city park today to look for some queens, but no luck!

Lukestewart

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Been trying to pm you back but I don't know if it is working? My Facebook is in the pool with my family.

ServampANT

Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:50 pm

Ok! I'll look now!

ooper01
Head Moderator

Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:49 pm

ServampANT wrote:First question is about the "All you need starter kit" that AntsCanada currently has for sale.
I'm getting the "All you need starter kit" for Christmas, then I noticed that they had ones for different species, does it really matter at all? Is there different things from the different products what could threaten other species?
If so, please let me know.
Thank you.

Question two, for anyone who lives in South Australia, Adelaide is there any science shops that sell test tubes?
Because I can't order them :3

Unless someone want's to be nice and order some to my house... xD
Any hoo, thank you for your time!
Have a lovely *** SPAM *** night/day!
The 7 Hybrid Nests were designed to try to mimic the nest patterns of those species. The humidity requirements were also addressed by exposing more or less of the bottom of the nest to the hydration area. You could raise ants in any of the nest designs though. The only possible issue is with larger species, Camponotus especially, you may have trouble with the queen and majors fitting through some of the tunnels of the Lasius nest.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

Brandisius

Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:53 am

I have a Polyrhachis sp. queen, if i wanted to house the colony if it gets started would I be safe going with the ‘All You Need’ Camponotus Hybrid Gear Pack™ ?

ooper01
Head Moderator

Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:13 pm

Brandisius wrote:I have a Polyrhachis sp. queen, if i wanted to house the colony if it gets started would I be safe going with the ‘All You Need’ Camponotus Hybrid Gear Pack™ ?
Yes that should be fine.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator