AntsCanada X Connector

A discussion on AC ant keeping equipment and accessories

Moderator: ooper01

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

AntsCanada X Connector

Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Ok so I got a AntsCanada X Connector in the mail today. Man this thing is really cool! No more having to splice tubing together (use to have to use 1/2" and 3/8" tubing, cut a round hole in them and then try and insert them into one another then tape the heck out of them to seal them) to make a crossing point for the ants. What a Pain in the backside that was. Well I don't have to do that any more! Thanks AntsCanada for making things easier!

MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

thescienceguy1980

Re: AntsCanada X Connector

Mon May 16, 2016 3:21 pm

What size test tubes do these handle? Also if you have a portal, would that work with a 16mm test tube? This is what I have (I get them for like 30 cents each so it's my preference... Do you know what size the X tube is? thanks

ooper01
Head Moderator

Mon May 16, 2016 4:17 pm

thescienceguy1980 wrote:What size test tubes do these handle? Also if you have a portal, would that work with a 16mm test tube? This is what I have (I get them for like 30 cents each so it's my preference... Do you know what size the X tube is? thanks
The X Connector receives 1/2 inch (outer diameter) poly tubing. It was not intended for direct test tube connection, but if you can find test tubes that fit, go for it. We sell Test Tube Adapters that would allow for test tube connection to poly tubing.

Picture of test tube, Test Tube Adapter, and poly tubing
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

thescienceguy1980

Tue May 17, 2016 7:06 am

thank you ooper01. Are the test tube adapters 3d printed or are they flexible enough for my 16mm test tube diameter? My idea is to go from my 16mm test tube to test tube adapter to 1/2" tubing etc... thanks!

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Tue May 17, 2016 7:24 am

thescienceguy1980 wrote:thank you ooper01. Are the test tube adapters 3d printed or are they flexible enough for my 16mm test tube diameter? My idea is to go from my 16mm test tube to test tube adapter to 1/2" tubing etc... thanks!
AntsCanada does sell the AC Test Tube Adapter that does just that but it was made for 17MM tubes, it's tapered inside so it may fit a 16MM test tube I'm not sure (I use all 17MM test tubes).

you can take a look at it in the AntsCanada Store, here is the link to it:

http://www.AntsCanada.com/shop/ac-test-tube-adapter/
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:

thescienceguy1980

Tue May 17, 2016 7:46 am

thanks madvampy. where do you get your 17mm test tubes?>

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Tue May 17, 2016 8:57 am

thescienceguy1980 wrote:thanks madvampy. where do you get your 17mm test tubes?>
You can get them thru the AntsCanada Store

http://www.AntsCanada.com/shop/ac-standard-test-tubes/

I needed large quantities so I got mine thru Amazon. Where ever you get them make sure they are 17MM and plastic, avoid the glass ones beings at some point you will drop one and cleaning up the glass is a pain.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin

thescienceguy1980

Tue May 17, 2016 11:55 am

awesome thank you for the link and info! much appreciated!!!

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Tue May 17, 2016 2:45 pm

thescienceguy1980 wrote:awesome thank you for the link and info! much appreciated!!!
No problem at all! That's what this forum is all about, learning new stuff and helping others!
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin