Stacking up

A collection of ant photos, artwork, etc.

Moderator: ooper01

larynx

Stacking up

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:11 pm

The queens are stacking up quick this year. I predict this count will at least triple before the summer is up. I have quite a few double and triple queen colonies this time. Last year that didnt even cross my mind. Derrrr
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

idahoantgirl

Re: Stacking up

Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:48 pm

larynx wrote:The queens are stacking up quick this year. I predict this count will at least triple before the summer is up. I have quite a few double and triple queen colonies this time. Last year that didnt even cross my mind. Derrrr
wowzers!!
Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Keeping Tetramorium immigrans, Tapinoma Sessile

ooper01
Head Moderator

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:13 pm

larynx wrote:The queens are stacking up quick this year. I predict this count will at least triple before the summer is up. I have quite a few double and triple queen colonies this time. Last year that didnt even cross my mind. Derrrr
How did you decide on the spacing of the "claustral chamber" of your test tubes? I notice they are different sizes in the pics.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

larynx

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:44 pm

How did you decide on the spacing of the "claustral chamber" of your test tubes? I notice they are different sizes in the pics.
i give them all just enough space to turn around comfortably when i set them up. i also put bigger sp. in the bigger tubes you see. and all others in the smaller sizes. the ones in that have alot more space have just been set up long enough for them to go through that much moisture. the cards are there to seperate the non-social queens visually.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer