antHUB

If you're starting up or involved in an ant-related project, website, store, initiative, or advocacy post about it here so people can hop on board!

Moderator: ooper01

Dearth335

antHUB

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:54 pm

I am working with my friend who is a aspiring programmer to make an ant keeping app. The app has many features. Here is a list of features.

- groups: join others' groups and stay in touch with their ant keeping experience
- group chat: talk to people you choose to follow
- Global message board: get updates and polls to improve the app also participate in contests
- what's flying nearby: a list of the nuptial flights going on in your area
- online shop: buy merchandise store tokens
- merch shop: buy formacariums, ant gear, and merchandise
- leaderboard: every month, year, and week, gain different levels of tokens genus=>universal=>merchandise
- photo board: post photos, get likes, and get genus tokens
- possible market place: organize adoption and sales of ant colonies
- identification database: photos of possible queens are identified for species and genus the identifier earns tokens.

I will keep you guys posted on when this app is coming out and if any other features are added.
but be ready, it may be ready in January.

AntsOnTheCoast

Re: antHUB

Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:58 am

Nice! I really hope this gets to the app store, especially for Australia. I'd love to help you with some artwork/icon art.

Idahoantguy

Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Seems cool, I’d get it!
Keeping:
Tetramorium immigrans x2

Anything but tetramorium please :cry:

Dearth335

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 am

AntsOnTheCoast wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:58 am
Nice! I really hope this gets to the app store, especially for Australia. I'd love to help you with some artwork/icon art.
If anyone would like to participate in creating the app, send me a private message and i will see what I can do. also there is a chance it might com out in March instead of january

antsRlife

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:59 am

Nice, cant wait. come to think of it, me and my friend are doing the exact same thing. maybe we could all come together and crate it
Queens only:
Myrmecia Pilosula (6 larvae, 1 pupae)

Early Stage Nests:
x1 Anonychromyrma (15-20 workers)

Batspiderfish

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Definitely take your time with it. Any unfinished platform without clear and enforceable rules will lead to black market trade.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

Dearth335

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Don't worry about unauthorized trade. The market place will probably be released long after the official release. We are currently working on community and contests. I am trying to get product sponsorships right now for the merchandise shop. We are going to put it on kickstarter soon. Ill keep you guys posted.

We are adding a new feature as well
Ranks: show others your dedication to ant-keeping and support for the app.

antsRlife

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Ranks is a :? sort of thing. but i might be able to get you sponsorship from ants distribution Victoria and maybe ant invasion?

Im ants distribution Victoria- i could help you if you want with a website, and other stuff, you guys could be apart of our staff. if you want :D
Queens only:

Early Stage Nests:

JackPayne

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:31 pm

antsRlife wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:22 pm
Ranks is a :? sort of thing. but i might be able to get you sponsorship from ants distribution Victoria and maybe ant invasion?

Im ants distribution Victoria- i could help you if you want with a website, and other stuff, you guys could be apart of our staff. if you want :D
I'd get sponsorship from actual companies. Ants invasion is simply a small YouTuber.
Hi I'm Jack, How are you?

antsRlife

Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:51 pm

he isn't really, he is working up to become a huge ants companny
Queens only:

Early Stage Nests: