Just a coincidence??? ID help

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

CatsnAnts

Just a coincidence??? ID help

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Hello everyone! So I just found this queen ant, she’s 7mm about, she was scurrying across my patio, but there’s more, so I had just released a very small colony of five queens and 8 workers into the wild (they were native, we have them everywhere), I believe they might have been the same species as the one I just caught, the reason I released them is because they were acting strange, aggressive, and we’re just disorderly. Also, the new queen does not have any sort of sand or anything on her like the other queens that I released from the formicarium, she is spotless. I just need to know if they fly around this time of year and what species she is so I can be sure she is not from the batch I released. Thanks!!!Image
Camponotus subbarbatus x3
Temnothorax curvispinosus x1 :shock: :D
Aphenogaster fulva x1
Camponotus sp.
Termite pair

CatsnAnts

Re: Just a coincidence??? ID help

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:14 pm

Also, I released the batch 40 ft away from where I found her, and I found her only five minutes after they were released. Also, does this species of ant have their nuptials flights during this time of year???
Camponotus subbarbatus x3
Temnothorax curvispinosus x1 :shock: :D
Aphenogaster fulva x1
Camponotus sp.
Termite pair

Batspiderfish

Re: Just a coincidence??? ID help

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:48 pm

Formica sp. queen from the pallidefulva group.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.