Any species identification

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

reanimatedself

Any species identification

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:18 am

Good morning everyone! I wanted to ask for some help identifying a species of ant that I caught last month (May, 2018). I have several of this type of queen and one of them just hatched the first of its brood!
She is generally docile and slow. I caught her in Belleview Fl.

I plan on catching some trap jaw ants which are abundant on our property (I mean really abundant!) in the future as well as some winter ants for the GAN project. Depending on this species some of them may go up as well. I love ant keeping and the AC family in general. Thanks in advance everyone.

reanimatedself

Re: Any species identification

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:21 am

For some reason the post won’t let us attach pictures. :|

Batspiderfish

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:26 pm

You have to upload to an image host site (like imgur and flickr) and link to it here.
If you enjoy my expertise and identifications, please do not put wild populations at risk of disease by releasing pet colonies. We are responsible to give our pets the best care we can manage for the rest of their lives.

NYAnts11

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:52 pm

Batspiderfish wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:26 pm
You have to upload to an image host site (like imgur and flickr) and link to it here.
What batspiderfish said. Once you get a link for your photo. You come back to the forum with the link and you'll see a little potrait picture just above the youtube button, above the emoji faces here in the forum. Click that and in between the two brackets that look something like this [*img*][*/img*] you'll paste the link in between the two so something like this [*img]'link here'[*/img*] . Click preview and see if the image worked. Sometimes theres more than one link for the photo to use.

If the link you posted in between the brackets didnt work it will look like this below.
2 Tetramorium Immigran Colonies #1 [40-50 workers] #2 [5-7 workers])
1 Lasius Neoniger Queen [waiting to lay after Hibernation]