Mason, Texas- August 7, 7 mm

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

AntOblivion

Re: Mason, Texas- August 7, 7 mm

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 pm

Where'd you find that queen man? I just moved here and i haven't seen a single ant colony...

Proverbs66

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:42 am

Martialis wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:42 pm
it is illegal. Thanks to Serafine for pointing this out.
http://www.formiculture.com/topic/6197-the-AntsCanada-gan-project-is-helping-to-spread-invasive-ants/#entry66511

Selling either inside or outside the quarantine zone is illegal.

I'm pretty sure this ban goes for Linepithema humile, Pheidole megacephala, and many other invasive ants as well.

Not to mention it breaks GAN guidelines:

9) Never sell ants that are not native to his/her area
It's only illegal to sell outside the quarantine line and even if we have strong feelings about this it's not right to insult the GAN project on other websites plus this issue was already addressed but it got too heated and they locked it this is because serafine was way too aggressive in the way she carried this and it's because of her aggression that I have lost respect for her opinion (ONLY ON THIS TOPIC).

I'm sure the AntsCanada guys feeling the same way she can't rage and stomp and expect good results but like I said I have nothing toward serafine in fact her advice has helped me many times in my ant keeping and her passion for ants is beautiful but in this topic she has lost me
(What ever happened to being apart of the AC family) :|
Let us remember that even though ants are wonderful creatures, even more magnificent is their creator 😌

Antsforlife

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:59 pm

AntOblivion wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 pm
Where'd you find that queen man? I just moved here and i haven't seen a single ant colony...
Ok well I found it just outside walking around along with dozens of them