Ant Queen ID (thank you)

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

tiger01vincent

Re: Ant Queen ID (thank you)

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:59 am

Thanks every bodie! Yes I agree its a formica, by looking at some black formica species.... Thanks again, and if you wondered why her gaster is a bit wierd, read the first post by me, there I explain.

BTW: does formica like moisture? And how large does the workers get? Are there polymorphisism in the species? (differens sizes for different jobs)

<3
<3 Thanks!
Email: vincent.bystrom@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010099860866

Otherwise just DM me

tiger01vincent

Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:46 am

Can anyone specify within formica? (or do you need better pictures for that)

I live in central sweden, and I caught her under a rock already having a bunch of brewd and eggs, gathered them all and put her in the tube. This was 3 weeks ago, so I am guessing she had her nuptial flight maybie 4 weeks ago!? (if that info maybie helps)

Also, I have 5 queens, but I am in love with this one the most, so I am going to keep her probably, with that said I have a few questions about her and her species:

Do they like moisture?

Do they have Polymorphisism (I think that's what it's called, when a major worker gets a bit larger than commons) ?

How big does the colonies usually get?

THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE RESPONDED AND THE ONES WHO (hopefully ;) ) WILL RESPOND <3
<3 Thanks!
Email: vincent.bystrom@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010099860866

Otherwise just DM me

Nj6000

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:50 pm

tiger01vincent wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:46 am
Can anyone specify within formica? (or do you need better pictures for that)

I live in central sweden, and I caught her under a rock already having a bunch of brewd and eggs, gathered them all and put her in the tube. This was 3 weeks ago, so I am guessing she had her nuptial flight maybie 4 weeks ago!? (if that info maybie helps)

Also, I have 5 queens, but I am in love with this one the most, so I am going to keep her probably, with that said I have a few questions about her and her species:

Do they like moisture?

Do they have Polymorphisism (I think that's what it's called, when a major worker gets a bit larger than commons) ?

How big does the colonies usually get?

THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE RESPONDED AND THE ONES WHO (hopefully ;) ) WILL RESPOND <3
All ants need moisture or they will dry out . As for your other questions I can't answer those , I suggest researching them .