Species identifacation

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

Chris22

Species identifacation

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:30 pm

I've caught about six of these queens and I don't know what species it is my best guess is lasius but I'm not sure the photo was kind of blurry so here's details-their abdomen is larger than the rest of the body the underside of their body is brown while the top is black their head is the smallest part of their body and that's it. here's the link C:\Users\Emilio Leyva Perez\Pictures\Snapshot_20170618.JPG couldn't get the camera to focus

carsonman99

Re: Species identifacation

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:10 pm

Use photobucket to post pics there's a tutorial that explains it very well

AntsOfKentucky

Re: Species identifacation

Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 am

The video that explains how to post photos on the forum from photo bucket is great but if your trying to do it from an android phone or tablet it's a little bit different than it is on a laptop or desktop pc. On your mobile device open up photobucket and click on the picture you want to post, then click the little share icon at the bottom. Image
Select "Copy Link to Clipboard". Image
A list of four link options will appear, you want the "direct link". Just tap the text area next to direct link and it will automatically copy it to your clipboard.Image
Go back to the forum and above the text input area where you are typing your post click the photo button and it will insert two image codes.Image
Be sure to paste the copied link between the two image codes like this