I need help identifying my queen. She gets stressed easily, she is about 2-3 cm long.

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

SYUTEO

Re: I need help identifying my queen. She gets stressed easily, she is about 2-3 cm long.

Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:01 pm

JaydenScheepers wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:56 pm
Hello, I've gotten a new ant in need of ID. I suspect they might be a species of fire ant. Thier very small, about 5 to 7mm. Thorax and head is dark redish in color, and the gaster is black. Nuptial flight took place at round 8 pm, in Thailand, on a tropical island known as Phuket. Sorry for the bad quality photo, I did my best with what I had, I ordered a lense to help me with this, however that thing is garbage. I got four of them, two broke off thier wings, and it looked like some layed some eggs, although it's hard to see because, their so small. I put two in separate test-tubes, and the other two in one. Link: https://imgur.com/gallery/wId2DqH
This is a Pheidole parva queen.

JaydenScheepers

Re: I need help identifying my queen. She gets stressed easily, she is about 2-3 cm long.

Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:27 pm

SYUTEO wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:01 pm
JaydenScheepers wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:56 pm
Hello, I've gotten a new ant in need of ID. I suspect they might be a species of fire ant. Thier very small, about 5 to 7mm. Thorax and head is dark redish in color, and the gaster is black. Nuptial flight took place at round 8 pm, in Thailand, on a tropical island known as Phuket. Sorry for the bad quality photo, I did my best with what I had, I ordered a lense to help me with this, however that thing is garbage. I got four of them, two broke off thier wings, and it looked like some layed some eggs, although it's hard to see because, their so small. I put two in separate test-tubes, and the other two in one. Link: https://imgur.com/gallery/wId2DqH
This is a Pheidole parva queen.
Alright got it, thanks.
Keeping:

• Cataulacus granulatus x2
• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

JaydenScheepers

Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:10 pm

I can't find weather their caulostrial or semi-caulostrial.
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

SYUTEO

Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:15 am

JaydenScheepers wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:10 pm
I can't find weather their caulostrial or semi-caulostrial.
Fully-claustral so no feeding.

JaydenScheepers

Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:44 am

Alright thanks.
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

JaydenScheepers

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:34 am

I found some really cool ants today, two queens I believe. I'm sure they are Cataulacus granulatus, common name being Asian turtle ant. In the image I separated then as, " queen B, and queen A" queen B having two images. Queen A is about 6-7 mm in length. Queen B is about 9-10 mm in length, and she has a yellowish color under her, they look like hair. I do definitely plan on documenting their progress. Link: https://imgur.com/gallery/ql6DkBh
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

AntsLuxembourg

Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:34 am

JaydenScheepers wrote:
I found some really cool ants today, two queens I believe. I'm sure they are Cataulacus granulatus, common name being Asian turtle ant. In the image I separated then as, " queen B, and queen A" queen B having two images. Queen A is about 6-7 mm in length. Queen B is about 9-10 mm in length, and she has a yellowish color under her, they look like hair. I do definitely plan on documenting their progress. Link: https://imgur.com/gallery/ql6DkBh
I recommend creating a new topic since it's basically a new ID request. Plus it helps to keep each case seperate and also to avoid confusion. :)
Doing some proper research is the best way to start an antcolony.

Need help or want to help? https://forum.AntsCanada.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18153#p70566

Currently not keeping any ants anymore.

JaydenScheepers

Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:45 am

AntsLuxembourg wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:34 am
JaydenScheepers wrote:
I recommend creating a new topic since it's basically a new ID request. Plus it helps to keep each case seperate and also to avoid confusion. :)
Alright
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1

JaydenScheepers

Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:53 am

Oh the memories, my times as a new ant keeper
Keeping:

• Camponotus parius
• Odontomachus sp x4
• Pheidole prava x1
• Pseudoneoponera sp x1