Queen #5 in Alabama

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

larynx

Re: Queen #5 in Alabama

Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:36 pm

Camponotus sp.
a view of the gaster will maybe tell us what Camponotus sp. it is.
Im going to guess C. castanus, or C. americanus just by the color, location, and size.
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Aaron567

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:33 am

Dang, you're so lucky.. I wish I could find a Camponotus or Lasius queen where I live. Nice catch

Mdrogun

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:50 am

Aaron567 wrote:Dang, you're so lucky.. I wish I could find a Camponotus or Lasius queen where I live. Nice catch
Are you kidding me? Those species are so boring. They grow really slow and they are pretty inactive. You have the cool species down south like Solenopsis, Pheidole and Dorymyrmex

Mdrogun

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Durant wrote:
Mdrogun wrote:
Aaron567 wrote:Dang, you're so lucky.. I wish I could find a Camponotus or Lasius queen where I live. Nice catch
Are you kidding me? Those species are so boring. They grow really slow and they are pretty inactive. You have the cool species down south like Solenopsis, Pheidole and Dorymyrmex
Oh and Mdrogan guess what I live in the south and yes there are great species but plz keep ur RUDE opinions to urself ;)
Sorry I didn't mean to come off as rude. :D

Aaron567

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Durant wrote:
Mdrogun wrote:
Oh and Mdrogan guess what I live in the south and yes there are great species but plz keep ur RUDE opinions to urself ;)
Yeah he was just telling me that I should be happy with the species I already have. :)

Antzilla

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:09 pm

I have a Camponotus novaeboracensis and I enjoy observing her doing her ant queen duties. I also like Pheidoles but I don't think they're native in the great north I call Canada.

larynx

Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:49 pm

Durant wrote:
Mdrogun wrote:
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

Aaron567

Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:43 pm

larynx wrote:Image
Indeed :lol: :P