Ants ID

Help with identifying the species your ants

Moderator: ooper01

TheAntEnigma

Ants ID

Sun May 29, 2016 11:03 am

I actually have two ants that I would like ID'd. I live in Maryland.
This is the first ant queen. It is about half of a centimeter and the workers are 3-4 millimeter's. The workers seem to break-up and eat small pieces of food before bringing it to the colony. I believe these are pavement ants, but I would like a second opinion just to be sure.

This is the second ant queen. It is about one centimeter and the workers are about half of a centimeter. They all have long legs and the workers seem to break off chucks of food and bring it into the colony before digesting it. The queen has a spherical abdomen instead of an elongated one.

Both of these ants were caught early-ist April (sorry I don't know the exact date.)

Thanks in advance!

AntsRule

Re: Ants ID

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:26 pm

TheAntEnigma wrote:I actually have two ants that I would like ID'd. I live in Maryland.
This is the first ant queen. It is about half of a centimeter and the workers are 3-4 millimeter's. The workers seem to break-up and eat small pieces of food before bringing it to the colony. I believe these are pavement ants, but I would like a second opinion just to be sure.

This is the second ant queen. It is about one centimeter and the workers are about half of a centimeter. They all have long legs and the workers seem to break off chucks of food and bring it into the colony before digesting it. The queen has a spherical abdomen instead of an elongated one.

Both of these ants were caught early-ist April (sorry I don't know the exact date.)

Thanks in advance!
Pics did not work, here the link on how to post pics in the forum. :D
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=162
With all the things ants can do, you wonder, who rules the planet :?

Keeper of:
Camponotus Pennsylvanicus
Pheidole sp.