Ant Skype

A listing of ant meet ups, events, and clubs around the world. Go on an ant trek with ant enthusiasts from your city. Connect with each other and foster an ant community where you live!

Moderator: ooper01

NikolaMladenovic

Ant Skype

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:38 am

Hi guys! A random idea smashed right into my face some minutes ago so i wanted to tell you guys what it is. I was thinking maybe we could have a ant Skype call. With alot of antkeepers talking and showing their antcolonys. Maybe some brainstorming, helping eachother to identify queens or any species and some own projects that people may want help with.

It's still just a thought but if it's sounds like a good idea then maybe we can arrange a call.

Nikola.M
I'm very ANThusiastic :lol:

NikolaMladenovic

Re: Ant Skype

Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:24 am

Anyone? :?

WillWithAnts

Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:17 pm

:) Guess not

NikolaMladenovic

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:04 pm

WillWithAnts wrote::) Guess not
Well what do you think about the idea Will?

WillWithAnts

Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:52 am

Good idea, but I don't think the community is large enough yet.

NikolaMladenovic

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:29 am

WillWithAnts wrote:Good idea, but I don't think the community is large enough yet.
Yea ur right, maybe we shall wait with this idea

nightxwolf88

Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:54 pm

I think it a great idea too. Main reason I'm on this forum is to learn as much as i can and share my beginning experiences with others. This forum does have a great community and there is lots of info to be shared by both those with much experience, and by us new ant keepers as well.

GreenMan

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:52 pm

yes I be leave it would be good,but some people are odd or shy, alot of people do not like skype, and some do not have a web cam, so truthfully I be leave this would be a better idea to think simpler smaller, like maybe an open chat room. then they could type, or even better a team speak server , most have headphones and you can type, and even send pics . Set up one of them, then advertise it here, and on a few other spots on the forums, and on other pages, you know there are many ant forums, other them AntsCanada, can grab a few of them too.

MCWren

Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:12 pm

I would do it :D

MCWren

Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:37 pm

Ok, here's an update for everybody! I just skyped with Durant, and it was great! We saw each other's ants, and I even showed him two of my colonies eating termites :D. We both want to get more people to skype with us soon. Hopefully that'll happen! Any volunteers? My skype is MC Wren, but apparently I come up when you search my skype name, so post yours instead, and I'll start a group chat once we get someone other than me and Durant.