Anyone in Washington (Tacoma/Silverdale/Seattle/Bellevue)

A listing of ant meet ups, events, and clubs around the world. Go on an ant trek with ant enthusiasts from your city. Connect with each other and foster an ant community where you live!

Moderator: ooper01

AntsArizona

Anyone in Washington (Tacoma/Silverdale/Seattle/Bellevue)

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:48 am

Hey just checking to see if there are any members in Washington? Specifically the Tacoma / Silverdale / Seattle / Bellevue / Kent / Renton areas?

I'm moving to Washington this week and can't wait to see what ants I find here. Hoping to catch my first large species! :D

DGWANTS

Re: Anyone in Washington (Tacoma/Silverdale/Seattle/Bellevue)

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:43 am

Hi, i live in Everett (WA) im a GAN))) There is a lot of Formica, Camponotus, Tetramorium caespitim, and some lasius and myrmica))) At what city are you in?)))

AntsArizona

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:04 pm

Hey,

Sorry for the late response. I haven't been keeping up with the forums at all. I now live in Renton just south of The Landing. I work in Bellevue. Looking forward to searching for some Camponotus here though I don't even know where to start haha.

DGWANTS

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Hey, i can sell you some camponotus colonies if you want, i am a GAN farmer in WA)))

CherrieEvolved

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:11 am

Hi AntsArizona,
I'm in the Sammamish area (east of Bellevue), the best time for ants are April-Sept. However will probably see some queens March thru Oct. Lots of rain, so we have alot of flights, generally not as big, but pretty consistent. Just get used to walking around staring at the ground. I find more just walking on sidewalks than I do at parks. Always keep some snap caps ready!
You will find a TON of camponotus! They are everywere! And they are huge!!!!
Keeper of:
Formica Sp
Myrmica Sp

Founding:
4x Formica Sp
1x Camponotus Sp