Ant keepers of Florida

A listing of ant meet ups, events, and clubs around the world. Go on an ant trek with ant enthusiasts from your city. Connect with each other and foster an ant community where you live!

Moderator: ooper01

Would you like to do an ant keeper meetup in Ocala Fl?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:01 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 2

reanimatedself

Ant keepers of Florida

Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:01 am

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

I wanted to see if there were some fellow ant keepers in Florida that would be interested in doing a meet up to show off their ants and be able to ask questions in person. I have several ant keeping tips and tools that would be useful for new ant keepers (and maybe some of the old pro’s).

I have the pleasure of being a teacher so I am all about the educational side of ant keeping. I have gotten several of my students interested in ant keeping by answering some of the questions they have had and showing them how to look for queens in our area (anyone in Florida knows how crazy our weather is!).

If this is something people are interested in I am more than happy to set up a date and time. Living in central Florida makes this an ideal location for most of the state as the travel time is fairly even no matter where you live.

If you are interested please respond to this poll with a yes and post just the city you are located in. No personal information please (better to be safe). Also, any questions are welcome. Have a great day.

timetosplit

Re: Ant keepers of Florida

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi I am interested in an ant-meetup! I'd love to see the ants others have owned, though I myself am very inexperienced so far. Even if it's a small meetup I think it would be fun.

Skylerspaw

Re: Ant keepers of Florida

Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Ocala here. Have not started yet, but on the verge. Would be great to get some tips from people who know what they are doing. Lol.