Very disappointed

Share your experiences with us, our customer service, our informational videos, and/or products. Please be kind but do be honest. If you have any issues/concerns with an order, product, or service, please contact us through email contact-us@AntsCanada.com for quicker support.

Moderator: ooper01

Jashooa

Re: Very disappointed

Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Cale3459 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:44 pm
Jashooa wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:28 pm
Cale3459 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:01 pm
Is it possible your nest is sitting on an incline to where the water isn't able to fully work it's way up into the cotton?
Nope, it's completely flat.
Strange, I haven't had that issue in mine and I've done several media changes. Maybe you could try wetting all the cotton before putting the nest back on top. That way it's prewetted before putting water in the tray to be absorbed by the cotton. What's the air temperature around your nest? I have a heating cable in mine but I also have a heat lamp with a reptile thermometer right next to the nest to keep the air temperature perfect for my species. They then use the heating cable to get the brood warmer or cooler depending on what they choose moving them closer or farther away. That may also be why I'm having zero condensation issues.
Yeah, I've tried that already.

Since it's summer here it averages around 24 degrees Celcius. They really enjoy the heating cable, they have all their pupae stacked up against the wall of the heated end.

Serafine

Re: Very disappointed

Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:50 am

You could remove the cotton plug (and the water tube) from the lower entrances and replace it with a short tubing that has mesh at it's end, that should help.