Vertical Formicarium ( Small )

Share your experiences with us, our customer service, our informational videos, and/or products. Please be kind but do be honest. If you have any issues/concerns with an order, product, or service, please contact us through email contact-us@AntsCanada.com for quicker support.

Moderator: ooper01

KingAnt

Vertical Formicarium ( Small )

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:39 am

I've always wanted an ant farm. I remember as a young child seeing my first ant farm in a movie. It was huge, bunch of dirt between two sheets of glass with all these tunnels. It fascinated me greatly. I asked my parents for one and they both said no ( bugs in the house and all ).

Thankfully with advancements into the study of ants, technology and a common love of ants... there are people, like Mike Bustos, who are helping others, like myself, who share a love of our tiny friends.

I'm married now, have a stable job and a place of my own. Because of this I could make the decision to get an ant farm. First thing I did was some research into ant farms. I didn't want one of those lame gel farms. Horrible for the ants and ugly to boot. At first I tried making my own. Went to Home Depot, bought some wood, plexi-glass and some non-toxic sylicone. Followed a tutorial and when it came time to put the dirt in... well it didn't go as planned.

I went back to the drawing board. That is when I stumbled upon AntsCanada on Youtube. I spent a few hours watching Mike on his channel and when I saw the unboxing video for the vertical formicarium I knew it was just what I wanted. I went to the website and bought it right away.

I waited for it to get in, I was so excited. I had a queen ant already waiting. She'd already laid some eggs. Once it arrived I carefully constructed it. I loved how safe the pieces were packaged. The brown wax paper protecting the plastic was a nice touch, I would only suggest leaving a bit of the paper over hanging so there is a starting point to peel it off from.

Once constructed you could tell right away how well crafted it was. Worth every penny. The extra pieces are a nice touch too. I can't wait for my colony to become large enough that I need to get another formicarium to attach to my Verticle one, which is nice knowing I have that option.

All and all I am very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend it.

Craftsmanship: 10/10

Packaging: 10/10

Price: 10/10 ( Quite modest. )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Looking for a fire ant queen in Manitoba.

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Re: Vertical Formicarium ( Small )

Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:25 pm

Thank you for taking the time to publish this review! My team and I really appreciate it. Wishing you the best on this ant colony.

Mikey
Ant Love Forever.