AntsCanada YouTube Videos

Discussion on our AntsCanada ant videos and your suggestions for future videos

Moderator: ooper01

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

AntsCanada YouTube Videos

Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:41 am

Here is a link to all the great and instructional videos that are put out by Mikey Bustos on the AntsCanada YouTube Channel!

AntsCanada YouTube Channel
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

Antscanada73

Re: AntsCanada YouTube Videos

Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Vampy tell Mikey that he should do another video with jorel were it envolves their fire ant colonies.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:29 pm

Just sent him an email about it. :)
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:50 am

Antscanada73 wrote:Vampy tell Mikey that he should do another video with jorel were it envolves their fire ant colonies.
Hehe I will when I get a chance but just to let you know, neither I nor Jorel own Solenopsis geminata colonies anymore, nor do we intend on it anytime soon. They are a species that will NOT be ruled! Haha!
Ant Love Forever.

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:51 pm

I love my Solenopsis invicta! A pet I have to respect! Much like when I had my snakes and pet scorpions,

Before you ask:

"HAD"

Snakes: Red tail Boa, Burmese Python, Ball Python (Avalon, the love of my life as far as snakes), King Snake, Corn Snake.
Scorpions: Emperor Scorpion's (At one time had 15), Southern Devil Scorpion (common brown scorpion)
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:42 am

MadVampy wrote:I love my Solenopsis invicta! A pet I have to respect! Much like when I had my snakes and pet scorpions,

Before you ask:

"HAD"

Snakes: Red tail Boa, Burmese Python, Ball Python (Avalon, the love of my life as far as snakes), King Snake, Corn Snake.
Scorpions: Emperor Scorpion's (At one time had 15), Southern Devil Scorpion (common brown scorpion)
Wow! You're into herps, as well! Awesome. I recently had to give away my male red-tailed boa but he was just the best snake ever. Did you keep the scorpions together in a community?

Mikey
Ant Love Forever.

Antscanada73

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:12 am

AntsCanada wrote:
Antscanada73 wrote:Vampy tell Mikey that he should do another video with jorel were it envolves their fire ant colonies.
Hehe I will when I get a chance but just to let you know, neither I nor Jorel own Solenopsis geminata colonies anymore, nor do we intend on it anytime soon. They are a species that will NOT be ruled! Haha!
Why don't you own solenopsis gaminata colonies anymore. Did they die?

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:21 am

Antscanada73 wrote:
AntsCanada wrote:
No, I let them go. :)
Ant Love Forever.

Antscanada73

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:29 am

[quote="AntsCanada"][quote="Antscanada73"][quote="AntsCanada"][quote="Antscanada73"]Vampy tell Mikey that he should do another video with jorel were it envolves their fire ant colonies.

No, I let them go. :)

And jorels colony.

antscanada
Main Forum Admin

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:46 am

I believe they escaped or he also let them go. Anyone who has experienced keeping Solenopsis geminata knows that the species is difficult to contain, hard to work around due to their powerful stings, and grow to enormous sizes to be able to keep practically for very long. I used to fear coming home because on so many occasions I would see a huge trail of ants from my formicarium leading to various drains in the kitchen, bathtub, and other such crevices due to them finding a weakness in my outworld barrier.
Ant Love Forever.