A Couple Small Suggestions? c:

Announcements & discussion on upcoming ant products. We also would like to hear your product suggestions.

Moderator: ooper01

katdaily710

A Couple Small Suggestions? c:

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:37 pm

I got my Omni nest today!! And after spending an hour or so putting it all together and such I had a couple suggestions.

1. Extra screws/nuts. I almost lost a nut and a screw today, and if I did I would have been out of luck. I know diddly darn about hardware, I think I've been in Home Depot once. I wouldn't even know what to ask for. Not a whole lot, maybe two or three of the littler ones.

2. Tubing. Now, I'm not saying stick more tubing in the order, but I think maybe if we could order a roll of the specific sized tubing that fits in the AntsCanada nests, that would be a great addition to the store. I'd love to get it from the same place I got my lovely nest and not have to worry about whether store tubing would fit.

3. This mostly applies to Hybrid nest orders, but maybe an option to order a few test tubes? I know someone found on Amazon where you could find the same size ones, but, again, I'd love to be able to get it from the same store and know for a certain fact that my tubes will fit directly into the nest. One day I hope to have a hybrid nest.

larynx

Re: A Couple Small Suggestions? c:

Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:19 pm

i agree that there should be like, a utility or tools section on AntsCanada. i would exclusively buy from antcanada if everything i needed was right there. :) still love his products though. :)
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer

MadVampy
Main Forum Admin

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:23 pm

Well the test tubes I linked from amazon are the correct t ones for the hybrid nest (got it straight from the person who makes the nests) and they are only like $23 shipped for 60 of them. The tubing is 1/2" clear ply tubing that can be found at most any hardware store.

As fare as replacement pieces for nests and supplies, I think that's in the works.
MadVampy

Head Forum Admin
Name is also Mike but please don't confuse me with Mikey Bustos, two different people. :lol:
Keeper of Solenopsis Ants. :twisted:

katdaily710

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:27 pm

MadVampy wrote:Well the test tubes I linked from amazon are the correct t ones for the hybrid nest (got it straight from the person who makes the nests) and they are only like $23 shipped for 60 of them. The tubing is 1/2" clear ply tubing that can be found at most any hardware store.

As fare as replacement pieces for nests and supplies, I think that's in the works.
Like I said, I'm very uncomfortable going into hardware stores, and I'm sure I can't be the only one. They scare me because I know absolutely nothing about anything in there. ;^;

Plus, as for the Amazon thing, Amazon no longer accepts *** SPAM ***. Since a few years ago. I usually like to use my *** SPAM *** money for stuff like ordering online. I went to buy a heating cable and had to search around for a site that took *** SPAM ***. Fortunately Petco's site did ~

I dunno. Just thought maybe a small accessories portion of the store would be neat <3

ooper01
Head Moderator

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Great ideas! Stay tuned as we are planning on adding more items to the AntsCanada store soon.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

larynx

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:17 pm

sweeeet!
Forum Moderator
AntsCanada GAN Farmer