Nest Size limiters for Hybrid Nest 2.0

Announcements & discussion on upcoming ant products. We also would like to hear your product suggestions.

Moderator: ooper01

PenguinAntKeeper

Nest Size limiters for Hybrid Nest 2.0

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:27 am

Since the new hybrids are coming out and are so large, I think, for smaller colonies there should be a feature with "sliding doors" like the vertical omni, except you only have to push them down to close it, it may include clear plugs when done with the feature. Make it an optional feature please, just a suggestion.
;)

EDIT: I'm only saying this since the small hybrid is so much smaller and people may not want to buy two hybrids, just buy the big one and upsize the nest as you go
Hibernating: (all)

Parasitic Lasius:2

Founding:
Tetramorium Immigrans:2

Colonies:
Tetramorium Immigrans:1
Formica Spp:3

I'm new to ant keeping so my colonies are all still in test tubes. :roll: :?

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: Nest Size limiters for Hybrid Nest 2.0

Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:50 am

PenguinAntKeeper wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:27 am
Since the new hybrids are coming out and are so large, I think, for smaller colonies there should be a feature with "sliding doors" like the vertical omni, except you only have to push them down to close it, it may include clear plugs when done with the feature. Make it an optional feature please, just a suggestion.
;)

EDIT: I'm only saying this since the small hybrid is so much smaller and people may not want to buy two hybrids, just buy the big one and upsize the nest as you go
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately adding in any sort of sliding door or movable parts to open up or close off certain portions of the nest is beyond the design of this version of Hybrid Nest. We will be offering one generic nest design that is smaller to accommodate starter colonies. But of course, this doesn't help people who just want to buy one nest. It's the best we can do for now ;)
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

PenguinAntKeeper

Re: Nest Size limiters for Hybrid Nest 2.0

Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:37 pm

Thanks for replying though. :D
Hibernating: (all)

Parasitic Lasius:2

Founding:
Tetramorium Immigrans:2

Colonies:
Tetramorium Immigrans:1
Formica Spp:3

I'm new to ant keeping so my colonies are all still in test tubes. :roll: :?