Dear AC pleeeeeeeeeaaaaase bring back the habitat nest burrow

Announcements & discussion on upcoming ant products. We also would like to hear your product suggestions.

Moderator: ooper01

Ants500

Dear AC pleeeeeeeeeaaaaase bring back the habitat nest burrow

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:12 pm

Who else agrees with me that they want to see their ants dig tunnels in the natural AntsCanada habitat nest burrow, its a glorified uncle Milton setup and I would love to get it! Or if you had any leftover I'd be interested in buying so you don't have to start manufacturing it again, it's an amazing product that I for one would love!!!
Founding:
-3 tetramorium queens
-1 Formica queen
-4 groups of acorn ant queens (they're polygenous)
Super excited to start this amazing hobby :D

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: Dear AC pleeeeeeeeeaaaaase bring back the habitat nest burrow

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:04 pm

I agree that the Habitat Nest was awesome. It provided a more natural look and environment for the colony. However, it didn't allow for much, if any, digging. It was made with a hardening compound. The tunnels and chambers were pre-made by hand.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

colo3000

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:08 pm

Another downfall of the habitat nest is the manufacturing process. Now that AntsCanada has increased in popularity, they need to produce nests in large quantities and efficiently. The Omni nest is made from cut acrylic and the hybrid nests are 3D printed, making them easy to mass produce. I don't represent AntsCanada, but there's my two cents.
-Colo3000

AntsDakota

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:53 pm

colo3000 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:08 pm
Another downfall of the habitat nest is the manufacturing process. Now that AntsCanada has increased in popularity, they need to produce nests in large quantities and efficiently. The Omni nest is made from cut acrylic and the hybrid nests are 3D printed, making them easy to mass produce. I don't represent AntsCanada, but there's my two cents.
I agree that the Habitat nests would be awesome, and it could be as simple as there being a plastic nest inside a bare outworld, and a biome kit along with it. I don't know that much about manufacturing, but that would seem fairly easy to manufacture.
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

AntsDakota

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:56 pm

And please make them for different genera too, and match the biom kit with those genera. :D
"God made every kind of wild beasts and every kind of livestock and every kind of creeping things;" (including ants) "and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:25

AntsDakota

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:14 pm

Such as a Formica habitat nest with the Field and Forest biom kit and Solenopsis with the Rainforest biom kit.