Where are the products made?

Announcements & discussion on upcoming ant products. We also would like to hear your product suggestions.

Moderator: ooper01

SpeciesK

Where are the products made?

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:56 am

The owner(?)/originator of AntsCanada lives in the Philippines now. It doesn't matter to me but where are the products made? I get the idea it is in Utah in the USA. :?:

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: Where are the products made?

Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:56 am

SpeciesK wrote:The owner(?)/originator of AntsCanada lives in the Philippines now. It doesn't matter to me but where are the products made? I get the idea it is in Utah in the USA. :?:
The products are made in a few different places throughout the world. The main distribution place is Utah USA.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

Bkujo88

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:05 pm

ooper i saw some of your videos from the salt lake area and am interested in getting more information about our area, i am in ogden, also if distribution is here in utah can we bypass the shipping and go directly to the distributor for pickup?

ooper01
Head Moderator

Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Bkujo88 wrote:
ooper i saw some of your videos from the salt lake area and am interested in getting more information about our area, i am in ogden, also if distribution is here in utah can we bypass the shipping and go directly to the distributor for pickup?
Yes we can bypass shipping if you'd like to come directly here. Private message me if you'd like more details.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

Bkujo88

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:57 pm

ooper01 wrote:
Bkujo88 wrote:
Yes we can bypass shipping if you'd like to come directly here. Private message me if you'd like more details.
I can't private message yet because I am to new and haven't participated enough yet.but I will be interested, I have test tubes for now but will be looking for nests once I catch my first queens and identify them and once they make it past their initial workers etc. I am also interested in talking with you about species of ants in our area, best time to hunt etc. Also did the winter ants already have their flights? A friend of mine who is not an ant keeper said he had swarms of ants all over his property Monday afternoon.

Jadeninja9

Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Bkujo88 wrote:
ooper01 wrote:
Bkujo88 wrote:
I can't private message yet because I am to new and haven't participated enough yet.but I will be interested, I have test tubes for now but will be looking for nests once I catch my first queens and identify them and once they make it past their initial workers etc. I am also interested in talking with you about species of ants in our area, best time to hunt etc. Also did the winter ants already have their flights? A friend of mine who is not an ant keeper said he had swarms of ants all over his property Monday afternoon.
When you catch a queen tell me how you did lol because I've been struggling and haven't caught anything yet.
Keeper of:
1x Camponotus Hyatti
1x Lasius alienus colonies
1x Tetramorium immigrans

Martialis

Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Jadeninja9 wrote:

When you catch a queen tell me how you did lol because I've been struggling and haven't caught anything yet.
You really won't find anything near the big cities in California, the reason being Linepethema humile. Around but not in state parks and out in the desert is a good place to look. Lots of queens out there.
Keeper of

Selliing:

ooper01
Head Moderator

Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Bkujo88 wrote:
ooper01 wrote:
Bkujo88 wrote:
I haven't seen any here in Salt Lake flying yet, but I haven't really gone "hunting" for any yet. I just keep my eyes open where ever I go. Camponotus will be first, probably sometime this month (April). Tetramorium will most likely be in May sometime. Pogonomyrmex will be late July or early August. Those are the three species I usually collect. Occasionally I will collect Lasius. They fly in the mountains in late fall and over-winter before starting to lay eggs.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

Jadeninja9

Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Martialis wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:44 pm
Jadeninja9 wrote:

You really won't find anything near the big cities in California, the reason being Linepethema humile. Around but not in state parks and out in the desert is a good place to look. Lots of queens out there.
Huh that's pretty interesting. Would 25 miles away from a big city be good enough for catching queens?
Keeper of:
1x Camponotus Hyatti
1x Lasius alienus colonies
1x Tetramorium immigrans

Martialis

Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:56 pm

I'd say the further inland, the better chance for a queen. Argentine ants displace any and all ants besides themselves.
Keeper of

Selliing: