Connecting Small Hybrid Nests

Announcements & discussion on upcoming ant products. We also would like to hear your product suggestions.

Moderator: ooper01

Cale3459

Connecting Small Hybrid Nests

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:52 pm

I think it would be awesome to offer a rigid piece to connect two hybrid nests together side by side. Something you could put in both ports on the side and then push the two nests together rather than attempting to do it with tubing. It would look more sleek and be easier for connecting small nests since large hybrids are not available right now.

KingKyle26

Re: Connecting Small Hybrid Nests

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:54 pm

Tubing allows you to see what is going on inside though, which I believe is even more cool! :D

Cale3459

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:14 pm

I don't disagree with that. Just saying for combining several small nests into one large one it would be more convenient. I like having the tubing to my outworld and test tube portals, but I would like to have several hybrid nests side-by-side.

Serafine

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Cale3459 wrote:I think it would be awesome to offer a rigid piece to connect two hybrid nests together side by side.
I thought about exactly the same. That would turn the hybrids nests into a true modular nesting space. And it could be expanded without limit.

Cale3459

Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Serafine wrote:
Cale3459 wrote:I think it would be awesome to offer a rigid piece to connect two hybrid nests together side by side.
I thought about exactly the same. That would turn the hybrids nests into a true modular nesting space. And it could be expanded without limit.
Exactly! I am raising Camponotus pennsylvanicus so I am in for a slow colony growth rate. I don't need a large hybrid nest (at least not yet), but being able to link two small hybrid nests side by side would allow my nest to be modular once they had reproduced to a size that required more space without being forced to purchase a large nest. I feel that linking the two small nests with tubing isn't as nice of a solution as it could be. You could even offer replacement trays that have slots for two or three small nests side by side that would all use the same water reservoir.

ooper01
Head Moderator

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:40 pm

We had something like this in our original design, but did not include it. The Hybrid Nest is going through an overhaul right now. We are hoping to have a new version available within the next couple of months. We are quite excited about it. It will be bigger too!! :)
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

colo3000

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:44 pm

ooper01 wrote:We had something like this in our original design, but did not include it. The Hybrid Nest is going through an overhaul right now. We are hoping to have a new version available within the next couple of months. We are quite excited about it. It will be bigger too!! :)
So in your opinion if I'm going to be buying a hybrid starter pack for next nuptial flight season, should I wait for the new version of the hybrid nest?
-Colo3000

ooper01
Head Moderator

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:46 pm

colo3000 wrote:
ooper01 wrote:We had something like this in our original design, but did not include it. The Hybrid Nest is going through an overhaul right now. We are hoping to have a new version available within the next couple of months. We are quite excited about it. It will be bigger too!! :)
So in your opinion if I'm going to be buying a hybrid starter pack for next nuptial flight season, should I wait for the new version of the hybrid nest?
-Colo3000
If you can wait until sometime in March, it might be worth it for you to wait for the next version.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

colo3000

Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:49 pm

ooper01 wrote:
colo3000 wrote:
-Colo3000
If you can wait until sometime in March, it might be worth it for you to wait for the next version.
Thanks for the quick reply! I think I'll wait then because nuptial flight season starts here in the April-May range. Really looking forward to the new stuff!
-Colo3000

AntsNewZealand

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:50 pm

Cale3459 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:52 pm
I think it would be awesome to offer a rigid piece to connect two hybrid nests together side by side. Something you could put in both ports on the side and then push the two nests together rather than attempting to do it with tubing. It would look more sleek and be easier for connecting small nests since large hybrids are not available right now.
I think that they are going to do the idea about joining the nests, if you watch AC views Mikey say's 'theses smaller peg holes above the heating cables are there for some planned features which we will induction sometime in the future'.
The video 'MY FIRE ANTS' NEW ANT FARM!' at 5:40-5:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1wzWGmZXhE&t=349s

What do you guys and girls think?? is this what it's for?