Help choosing a nest

Announcements & discussion on upcoming ant products. We also would like to hear your product suggestions.

Moderators: larynx, ooper01

BleedingRaindrops

Help choosing a nest

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:40 am

I have recently captured a few Pheidole sp. (big headed ant) queens. I am ordering an outworld and I hope to move one of them into it in the next few months, but I also want to give them a nest. I know they like moisture, but I don't know much else about them or how much they like tunnels or chambers. Any advice?

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: Help choosing a nest

Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:26 pm

BleedingRaindrops wrote:I have recently captured a few Pheidole sp. (big headed ant) queens. I am ordering an outworld and I hope to move one of them into it in the next few months, but I also want to give them a nest. I know they like moisture, but I don't know much else about them or how much they like tunnels or chambers. Any advice?
Here are some suggestions - http://www.AntsCanada.com/product-category/for-pheidole/
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

BleedingRaindrops

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:15 am

so you think any of these would be fine for pheidole? I want to give them a hybrid nest they will definitely enjoy.

ooper01
Head Moderator

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:52 pm

BleedingRaindrops wrote:so you think any of these would be fine for pheidole? I want to give them a hybrid nest they will definitely enjoy.
Yes, any of those should do the job! :)
~ ooper

Forum Moderator

BleedingRaindrops

Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:10 am

After further research it looks like pheidole have been known to enjoy the Solenopsis hybrid nest, and it offers the most humidity aside from the Myrmica nest. I think I'll go with that one. Thanks

Return to “New AntsCanada Ant Products & Product Suggestions”