Tips for the new hybrid nests

Announcements & discussion on upcoming ant products. We also would like to hear your product suggestions.

Moderator: ooper01

New2Ants

Tips for the new hybrid nests

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:52 pm

I'm hooked on buying hybrid nests for my new starting colonies. Does it come with a ant world or some tubing (if it comes with a kit, what does the kit include?)?And how would I transfer my new starting colony to the nest. I don't think I have the right sized test tubes to fit the entrances.

Carl75

Re: Tips for the new hybrid nests

Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:40 am

Check out the you tube video about the hybrid nest and the store on AntsCanada website. I think the nests come with a test tube and some tubing.

They don't come with an out world though, but it's quite easy to make one. There are videos of people making out worlds too.

ooper01
Head Moderator

Re: Tips for the new hybrid nests

Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:33 pm

The Hybrid Nests come with a hydration medium (typically cotton), a test tube and a small chunk of poly tubing. The poly tubing is 1/2" (15mm) outer diameter and 3/8" (10mm) inner diameter. This is the size that fits into the entrances of the Hybrid Nests.

The test tube that comes with it also fits into the entrances of the Hybrid Nests. They are 150mm in length with the opening being 17mm outer diameter 15mm inner diameter.
~ ooper

Forum Moderator