RIP Carebara diversus (Pheidologeton diversus)

Let us know of your ant colonies or queens that have passed away. We will grieve together but will also learn why your ants may not have succeeded.

Moderator: ooper01

Cronolgical

Re: RIP Carebara diversus (Pheidologeton diversus)

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:17 pm

AntsCanada wrote:
Cronolgical wrote:
Place the ants test tube chamber inside a very large zip-block bag. (Google "zipblock bag")
http://www.interplas.com/product_images ... k-Bags.jpg

They are very good at holding in more then enough air for an ant queen. My friend currently has 6 or so queens 3 of which have layed eggs inside these zipblock bags.

IF you're really worried about mites then tape the top of the bag with duck-tape and cover the rest of baby powder and rubbing alch. They won't go near the bag. It's a very secure way of holding the queen. And if you feel worried that she might run out of air for some reason? I mean barely any gets through the cotton. Just swap out the bag or even just open it up and let the air circulate for a few minutes before closing again. IF you get the right bag, or cover the bag in paper and tape you can actually keep her in a public place where you can always keep an eye on the bag. Just slip the test tube inside the bag and you're basically done!

No more R.I.P ants, use a zippy and cover it in babypowder/alch duck-tape the opening and leave her in a dark place. No more mites, no more dead queens.

Long live the Queen(s).
Ahhh this is a great suggestion! Thank you.
Yay I was helpful :D I'm sorry your 'rare?' ant died :( Other animals are so mean!

Acorns

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:01 pm

Best way in my opinion is put the test tubes in a small plastic container filled with diatomaceous earth 100 effective and 100 kill for any insect that walks across the surface still lets 100% air exchange and does not effect humidity inside test tube , and last but not least 100% natural and chemical free looks like baby powder.

PielikeDie

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:59 am

MIkey this post might come late but I have found 20 or so of these in SIngapore! Hope some of em make it as they have a wide range of workers and Army ants.Any tips?